Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who I Am Exactly at This Time


Who I am exactly at this time

Sun and shadow move across the grassy hillside outside my window.  Gentle winds lift fir tree branches.  A pool of water left behind after the rain ripples softly.  Dark, shiny salal leaves sway and bob beneath the cedar trees.  Yellow birds dart from branch to branch, like golden winged leaves on the breeze. 
I think, “It is good," and I am reminded that as a little girl I first heard that phrase from my mother, reading me the story of creation. 
Goodness.  It’s the opposite of badness.  Why must I evaluate everything?  Can nature be judged as good or bad?  No.  I can evaluate only my feelings about nature, so when I judge it as good or bad it’s more about me than about nature. 
However, today, “who I am exactly at this time,” feels good.  The sweetness of the contrasts, the movement, the colours, and the feeling that all of this is bigger than me and my everyday concerns, fill me with a sense of well-being that I identify as good.
I am a complex being.  Mind, body, and soul compete for my identity.  I am all that and more.

Youth fiction:  Follow the adventures of Magda and Brent in the novels Magda's Mayne Island Mystery and Mayne Island Aliens.

See my web site at: http://treewithroots.ca/

6 comments:

  1. Hi folks,
    I hope you bear with me as I try to figure out how to use this.
    Leanne, can you tell us how to get those comments written in blue? I don't now haw to add my web page and blogs to this one, as you did to yours.
    Also, I don't want to have mine rated the same way. For instance, "funny" wouldn't be one of my choices.
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rating are applied by your reading and I'm sure that they wouldn't describe what you've written as funny.
    Do you have a google account. If so, when you make a comment it is automatically linked to your blog.
    I wish I could offer more support. However, I'm very active over at http://sweatercursed.blogspot and elsewhere around the net.
    The best advice I received was explore and have fun--it's amazing what you'll learn.
    Believe I'm no more computer savvy than you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I wonder why My picture doesn't come up when I comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how can I get an icon instead of this orange B?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will send you an email to explain the steps involved.

    ReplyDelete