Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Magic Carpet Ride

"Come for a ride on my magic carpet," my cousin said to me. "We will travel far away and distant lands, we'll see. We'll fly over teal-coloured seas. We'll see tall snow-caped mountains. We'll find wondrous treasures. All will be yours, if you'll only travel with me."
Hands on hips, I declared. "That's not a magic carpet! It's just an old rug."
"Ah, yes." She smiled. "If you look with your eyes, but you must learn to see with your heart."
Suddenly, before my eyes the rug underwent a miraculous transformatin and became a magic carpet.
I leapt on and immediately the carpet began to rise. It broke through the living room ceiling. It rose higher and yet higher sailing into the blue. Still, it didn't stop. I felt the sun on my face. The wind whipped my hair. My eyes filled with delights--my mind with possibilites.
Oh, what a gift, my cousin gave to me that day.
***
Tonight, at the Ag Hall, I will be reading some of my writing during the open mic. I hope you can attend. Doors open at 7:00 pm.

5 comments:

  1. This reminds me so much of the way my imaginative older sister used to play with me when we were children. It's uncanny!

    Can you or anyone else reading this help me? Leanne, you have the words "the Sweater Curse" come up when you write. I just have "Writers of Mayne Island." How can I change it to something else, like, "Magda of Mayne Island" for instance. My other blog on Blogspot is called that (MofMI). And my web site is "Amber's Playground." I wonder if they would work. I'm just not sure how to do this. I wonder what you did, Leanne.
    Anyone else????
    xo Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments.
    Okay, so, I just logged into the site. This message will say that it was left by Writers on Mayne Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I typed the url (http://writersonmayneisland.blogspot.com) in and now this message will have been left by The Sweater Curse. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, just as I thought. "They" asked me for my blogspot id (I don't have the computer vocabulary--but I hope you know what I mean) So, if you have a Blogspot, LiveJournal, Wordpress, TypePad, AIM, or OpenID account you can use that instead.
    It really is a lot easier for me to explain this to you face to face. Computer savvy? Me? Um, no.

    ReplyDelete